TRACKING STATUSES IN SHOPIFY
We have made it easier for you and your customers to track parcels:
uAfrica can now push tracking statuses back to Shopify. What does this mean for you? Firstly, you can now view the tracking status when managing your orders in Shopify:
Secondly, the tracking number and tracking status will now also be visible on Shopify’s Order Detail page. This means that your customers can easily track their parcels on Shopify or the UA reference number that will take them directly to uAfrica’s detailed tracking page:
Lastly, this new feature also allows your customers to receive tracking emails from Shopify, rather than uAfrica (if you prefer this). However, we don’t want your customers to get duplicate emails, so you will need to change some settings in uAfrica to prevent this:
- On uAfrica, click on the “Shipping” tab at the top of the page, click on “Settings” and select “Notifications”.
- Unselect all “Receiver” notifications
- Under “Receiver Notifications from Product Source”, tick the box next to “Fulfillment Created”. This means that shipping notifications will now come from Shopify.
Note: if you want to customise these emails on Shopify, go to Shopify, click on “Settings”, then “Notifications” and edit the emails to your preference.
ADD COLLECTION NOTES
We now offer users the ability to add a Collection Request Note when an order is fulfilled. The note will relate to the collection of the parcel. This is for situations where merchants believe that there is certain information that the courier driver needs to know when it comes to the collection of the parcel.
This feature is especially beneficial for dropshippers, where the driver needs to collect directly from suppliers and provide an invoice reference number. Merchants can put the invoice number in the Collection Request Note, where the driver will be able to see it when collecting the parcel. It is important to note that uAfrica also allows for “special instructions” to be added, but this relates to the delivery of the parcel and not the collection.
COLLECTION DATE VS FULFILLMENT DATE
In the past, when you, the merchant, fulfilled an order on uAfrica, a Collection Request was submitted to the courier with the “Collection Date” the same day as the “Fulfilment Date”. uAfrica will now take into consideration the collection times set up on your uAfrica account. For example, when an order is fulfilled after 17:00, then the collection date on the Collection Request will be the next day when the parcel will be collected, not when the order was fulfilled.
Check your Collection Times:
- Go to the “Shipping” tab and click on “Settings”.
- Go to “Sender Address” and click “Edit” on the address that you would like to check or edit your Collection Times.
- Scroll down until you reach “Advanced Settings” and click this to expand.
- Scroll down again until you reach the Collection Times boxes. Edit the times to your liking and click on the green “Save Address” box.
TEST YOUR CHANNEL COMMUNICATION
If you are experiencing issues with your orders or if your products are not syncing from your Sales Channel to the uAfrica platform, then you can test the communication to your sales channels to see if there are issues.
- Click on the “Sales Channels” tab.
- Next, click the Settings wheel on the Sales Channel that you would like to test.
- Click on “Test Channel Communication”. The system will then show you a notice to inform you if there are any issues that need to be resolved.
SHIPPING LIMIT CHANGE
All uAfrica merchants have a shipping limit that allows you to ship up to a certain Rand value. Once you reach your shipping limit, the system will prompt you to make a payment.
If you want to fulfil an order on uAfrica and the estimated shipping cost causes you to exceed your shipping limit, then the system will not allow you to fulfil the order (as per the below images). Payment will have to be made and only then will the system allow you to fulfil your order.
If you have a WooCommerce secondary Sales Channel installed, but you do not want the orders placed on your secondary Sales Channel to pull through to your primary Sales Channel, you can select a function to prevent this from happening:
- Click on the “Sales Channels” tab.
- Go to your secondary Sales Channel and click on the Settings wheel.
- Click on “Change channel settings”
- Unselect “Synchronise orders to primary channel”
If you have any questions, please get in touch with our Support Team
on 012 940 1060 or email@example.com