Many of our merchants will be familiar with the uAfrica Shopify meetups we hosted in previous years. What we found however, was that many merchants were looking for more in-depth information on setting up and managing their stores. As a result, our newly designed Shopify meetups are now split into two versions, the Starter meetup and the Expert meetup. Each session offers unique information to merchants at different stages of their online empires.
We have had two Starter meetup and one Expert meetup so far this year and they have all been very well received. Merchants are raving about the practical business information they are receiving and are happy to give up some of their time to improve their online ventures.
Here’s how they differ:
Our Starter meetup is aimed more at new merchants who want to start selling online, or who need a little more information on what Shopify is and how it works within a South African context.
The topics that are covered include:
- Getting set up using Shopify – the world’s biggest hosted eCommerce platform;
- Accepting credit cards using PayFast – South Africa’s most loved payment gateway;
- Selling on bidorbuy – how to do it and why;
- Google Analytics & AdWords – why you shouldn’t be scared;
- Facebook Store – turning followers into sales;
- Shopify POS – selling in person;
- uAfrica Multichannel – manage your orders, inventory and shipping.
This session is free of charge and anybody can attend.
Our Expert meetup is designed with active merchants in mind. As a result only trading Shopify merchants are permitted to attend. At this more advanced session we go into greater detail with certain aspects of Shopify and run through some handy tips and tricks around managing and optimising your Shopify store in terms of design and marketing.
Here’s an overview of what’s covered in the Expert session:
- South Africa – What’s next for eCommerce locally?
- Shopify – 3 Changes you need to make to your store;
- PayFast – using payment methods;
- bidorbuy – Smarter marketplace selling;
- Google – Analytics & AdWords: Optimise your ROI;
- Packaging & Delivery – The importance of the customer experience.
- Tips and Tricks.
The Expert workshop is charged at R599 per ticket and typically lasts 5 hours. From what attendees have told us, it’s well worth the time and money.
If you would like to find out about future meetup dates, then head over to our Quicket page.