When you set up your Shopify channel, you can set it up as a Primary Channel or as a Sales Channel.
As your Primary Channel: When you set it up as a Primary Channel, information will flow from this store out to your other channels. This is where all orders will appear, no matter what Sales Channel the orders are placed on. You will be able to see where the orders originated by looking at the Order Notes on Shopify. When you want to add, change or delete products, you will do this all from your Primary Channel and it will automatically be updated on all active Sales Channels.
As a Sales Channel: When you set it up as a Sales Channel, information will flow to this store from your Primary Channel. If you want to change any product information on a Sales Channel, you will need to do this from the Primary Channel.
How to install Shopify as a Primary or Sales Channel:
- From your dashboard in uAfrica, click on the ‘“Sales Channels” tab and select Shopify from the options on the screen.
- Add the first part of your Shopify store URL (the part before .myshopify.com).
- Grant uAfrica access to your store.
- If you’re installing Shopify as your primary channel, your products and orders will be imported to uAfrica and your Shopify store will then appear as your Primary Channel. If you’re installing Shopify as a sales channel and you have granted access to your store, orders will be imported to uAfrica and sent back to your Primary Channel. This means that any orders that were placed on the Sales Channel store will now appear on your Primary Channel store as well.
- There is a setting in uAfrica that you can use to stop sales channel orders from going back to your primary channel. To do this, go the “Sales Channel” tab and find the sales channel that you would like to apply this to. Click on the “Settings” icon for that sales channel and select “Change channel settings”.
Deselect the checkbox next to ‘Synchronise orders to primary channel’ and click “Save changes”.
If you have Shopify set up as a Sales Channel, you can set up rules to make sure the correct products appear on the Sales Channel store in the correct format. To do that, check out our support section here.