Setting up Shipping Zones
The Shipping Zones feature allows you to offer your customers shipping rates based on their South African postal code. This feature can be used on bidorbuy, Shopify or both. The below tutorial details how to set up the feature on both platforms.
Setting up Shipping Zones in uAfrica
The Shipping Zones feature allows you to offer your customers shipping rates based on their South African postal code. This feature can be used on bidorbuy, Shopify or both. The below tutorial details how to set up the feature on both platforms:
When you log into uAfrica, click on the “Shipping Zones” tab at the top of the screen. It is VERY IMPORTANT to note that the rates given on this page are sample rates, are not real and need to be customised according to own shipping rates.
The first step is to create Service Levels; you will find this in the secondary tab. Service Levels give your customers an indication of how long the goods will take to get to them (for example; economy, overnight or same-day delivery). On the “Service Level” page, you can create, edit and delete the service levels you would like to offer your customers. Once these are set up, you can customise the rates for each service level you offer.
Next, you need to edit the Rates. To edit the rates, click on the blue link on the left of the screen, then edit the rate on the right of the screen. You can edit the minimum and maximum weight, the minimum and maximum order price and the shipping rate price. You can also assign the rate to a specific Service Level and Zone.
In the backend of the uAfrica platform, there is a postal code CSV file that links your rates to Zones. Make sure that you are using the correct zone file based on where you are in South Africa – we have files for most main cities around the country. To locate these files, click on the “Shipping Zones” tab and then on “Zones” in the secondary tab.
This video tutorial will show you how to set up your Shipping Zones in uAfrica.
Setting up uAfrica Shipping Zones in Shopify
Ensure that your Shipping Zones are set up in your Shopify store as well:
- Log into your Shopify admin dashboard.
- Click on the “Settings” tab, then on “Shipping and Delivery”.
- Then select “Manage Rates”.
- Under the “Shipping to” section, make sure to delete all the rates under the “Your Rate” tab. Do this by clicking on the hamburger menu and selecting “Delete”.
- Next, ensure that “uAfrica Shipping Zones” is activated on the second tab, “Carrier and app rates”.
- If it is not there, simply click on “Add rate”, select the “Use carrier or app to calculate rates” option and add “uAfrica Shipping Zones (Rates provided by app)”.
Setting up uAfrica Shipping Zones on bidorbuy
When you click the button to enable Shipping Zones on bidorbuy, the system automatically replaces the shipping rates on bidorbuy.
However, to manually enable the Shipping Zones on bidorbuy, the merchant has to select uAfrica under the “Package” section.
- Log into your bidorbuy account and select “Sell an item” from the dropdown menu.
- Next, complete the order information.
- Once you are on the “Shipping” section, change the delivery type.
- Select either the “uAfrica Shipping Zones” package or add a new package type.