Sticker Shipping Label System Process Document – CUSTOM
Rev: 1.4 | 161120
Zebra label printer Setup & Installation for use with a uAfrica.com Custom Account
To print shipping labels using your Zebra label printer the “Zebra Label Printing” feature has to be enabled on your uAfrica.com account. Please phone uAfrica Support on +27 (0)12 940 1060 to make sure this feature is enabled on your account before proceeding with Setup & Installation.
1. Custom Courier Account
- If you make use of uAfrica via a custom courier account, you have the opportunity to contact your Courier Account Manager or Sales Representative in order to apply for the option of being offered a free Zebra printer and sticker waybills.
- Each courier company has their own specifications in terms of offering their customers free Zebra printers and sticker waybills. It is the prerogative of the relevant courier company to offer this value-add. uAfrica is not involved in this process and cannot be held liable for the outcome.
- If your account has been approved for this value-add, the relevant courier company will be liable for installing the Zebra printer and supplying you with sticker waybills.
- If your application is not successful, then you will have to follow the process specified below, where you will be liable for buying and installing your own Zebra printer and sticker waybills.
2. Zebra Label Printer
- uAfrica users are responsible to buy and install their own printers. uAfrica can offer telephonic support in terms of installation if required. View the list of compatible printers here.
- Model tested: Zebra GK420d.
The GK420d comes in two configurations, USB-only and USB + Ethernet. If you would like to print to the same label printer from multiple computers, please specify the “USB + Ethernet” version when ordering the printer from your supplier.
- Preferred Supplier:
Contact number: Daniel Alberts T: 0104927080 | M: 0823223784
- Other Suppliers: The printer can also be purchased online from other companies like bidorbuy and Takealot.
3. Sticker Waybills
- uAfrica users are responsible for buying their own sticker labels and ensuring that they have sufficient stock levels.
- Sticker labels size and type: B- XB-CON0001.
THERMAL WAYBILL outside 150mm X 102mm and inside peel section 124mm x 84mm.
The supplier for the sticker waybills is Forms Media Johannesburg, where the waybills are custom-made based on our relevant courier specific requirements.
Forms Media Johannesburg
Contact number: +27 (0)11 229 1300 | Sales: +27 (0)11 614 4467 | Accounts: +27 (0)11 614 8017
Contact person: Rocky Anderson (Direct Number: 011 229 1374)
4. Zebra Browser Print application
- For Windows, download:
- For Mac, download:
The application supports the following operating systems and browsers:
Windows 7, Windows 10 or Mac OSX
Internet Explorer v11 or later, Chrome v51 or later, or Safari
Download the Zebra Browser Print application for your specific operating system (tick the option used):
To enable secure communication between your printer and browser, a security exception needs to be added to your browser. When prompted, click OK.
Right-click the Zebra Icon in your taskbar and click on “Settings”.
Log into your uAfrica.com account and go to a previously fulfilled order. Select “Print Label” from the shipping label dropdown. You will be asked to allow “https://www.uafrica.com” access to the Zebra printer. Click “Yes” to complete the configuration and print your shipping label.
Below are picture examples of what the sticker shipping label will look like. This may look different for each courier based on courier specifications.