Setting up Fixed Rates
Setting up Fixed Rates
Setting up Fixed Rates in uAfrica
- If Shipping Zones have already been set-up on your account, these will appear in the Fixed Rates tab as set up. Fixed Rates will be enabled by default and can only be disabled in the Settings tab.
- If you have not yet set up your Fixed Rates, you can do so by adding a fixed rate in the column on the right of the screen.
- To make any further changes, you will need to use the hamburger menu in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- You will need to create Service Levels; you will find this in the hamburger menu. Service Levels give your customers an indication of how long the goods will take to get to them (for example; economy, overnight or same-day delivery). Here you can create, edit and delete the service levels you would like to offer your customers. Once these are set up, you can customise the rates for each service level you offer.
- In the backend of the uAfrica platform, there is a postal code CSV file that links your rates to Zones. Make sure that you are using the correct zone file based on where you are in South Africa – we have files for most main cities around the country. To locate these files, use the hamburger menu.
- To edit your existing rates, simply click on the Fixed Rate that you have already set up, but would like to edit. These rates are clickable as blue links.
- Lastly, you will then need to ensure that these Fixed Rates are set up on your Sales Channels.
Setting up Fixed Rates in Shopify
Ensure that your Fixed Rates are set up in your Shopify store as well:
- Log into your Shopify admin dashboard.
- Click on the “Settings” tab, then on “Shipping and Delivery”.
- Then select “Manage Rates”.
- Under the “Shipping to” section, make sure to delete all the rates under the “Your Rate” tab. Do this by clicking on the hamburger menu and selecting “Delete”.
- Next, ensure that “uAfrica Shipping Zones” is activated on the second tab, “Carrier and app rates”.
- If it is not there, simply click on “Add rate”, select the “Use carrier or app to calculate rates” option and add “uAfrica Shipping Zones (Rates provided by app)”.
Setting up Fixed Rates on bidorbuy
When you click the button to enable Shipping Rates on bidorbuy, the system automatically replaces the shipping rates on bidorbuy.
However, to manually enable the Shipping Rates on bidorbuy, the merchant has to select uAfrica under the “Package” section.
- Log into your bidorbuy account and select “Sell an item” from the dropdown menu.
- Next, complete the order information.
- Once you are on the “Shipping” section, change the delivery type.
- Select either the “uAfrica Shipping Zones” package or add a new package type.
Setting up Fixed Rates on WooCommerce
- Once your Fixed Rates are set up on uAfrica, you simply need to ensure that “uAfrica Shipping” is enabled on your WooCommerce store admin.
- Your Fixed Rates will then pull through to your store’s checkout automatically.
- There is also an option to “Hide WooCommerce Shipping Rates”. Selecting this option will hide the shipping rates that you have set up on your WooCommerce store admin and only show your uAfrica Shipping Rates.