Terms of service
OverviewThis website is operated by uAfrica Technologies (Pty) Ltd. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “uAfrica” and “uAfrica.com” refer to uAfrica Technologies (Pty) Ltd. uAfrica offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink.
Any new features or tools added to the current site shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 1: Applicability of the Shopify Terms of Service
- uAfrica is a reseller of services (“Shopify Service”) provided by Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”) and as such you agree to be bound by the Shopify Terms of Service as well as the uAfrica Terms of Service.
- In the event of any conflict between the uAfrica Terms of Service and the Shopify Terms of Service, the uAfrica Terms of Service shall prevail.
SECTION 2: Payment of Fees
- For payment of fees via credit card, you must ensure that you have a valid credit card for which uAfrica can charge your Service charges to.
- For payment of fees via bank debit order, you are required to provide uAfrica with a debit order mandate signed by an authorised person. You are required to ensure that there are funds available in the designated bank account to cover the applicable Service charges at least 7 days prior to the start of the Service period.
- A valid payment method is required for accounts/stores to be able to process orders using a live payment gateway. Accounts/stores used for development purposes (unable to process orders using a live payment gateway) do not require a valid payment method.
- Services are billed at the start of the Service period in either monthly or yearly intervals depending on the term you select.
- In the event of non-payment of Service charges for any reason, uAfrica reserves the right to freeze/terminate your account immediately until any such outstanding charges are received by uAfrica.
- All fees listed on uAfrica (unless otherwise stated) are exclusive of all taxes now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”). Such amounts are in addition to payment for the Plan and will be billed using your chosen method of payment. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
- uAfrica does not provide refunds and reserves its right to charge you any incremental charges which may be due as a result of upgrading a plan or requesting any additional services.
- Methods for payment of fees may vary according to the country at which the Service is signed up from. These methods of payment may vary from time to time and uAfrica reserves the right to update any such methods for payment via uAfrica.
- You may email email@example.com for any assistance required with billing related issues.
SECTION 3: Cancellation & TerminationAll provisions relating to cancellation & termination in the Shopify Terms of Service shall be replaced and superseded by the following provisions:
- You may cancel your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you may receive one final invoice via email from Shopify for any apps, themes or other services. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again. uAfrica charges for the Service in advance so you will not be receiving any invoice from uAfrica after such cancellation.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, uAfrica may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with your store.