Terms of service
OverviewThis website is operated by uAfrica Technologies (Pty) Ltd. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “uAfrica” and “uAfrica.com” refer to uAfrica Technologies (Pty) Ltd. uAfrica offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink.
Any new features or tools added to the current site shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 1: Applicability of the Shopify Terms of Service
- uAfrica is a reseller of services (“Shopify Service”) provided by Shopify Inc. (“Shopify”) and as such you agree to be bound by the Shopify Terms of Service as well as the uAfrica Terms of Service.
- In the event of any conflict between the uAfrica Terms of Service and the Shopify Terms of Service, the uAfrica Terms of Service shall prevail.
SECTION 2: Payment of Fees
- For payment of fees via credit card, you must ensure that you have a valid credit card for which uAfrica can charge your Service charges to.
- For payment of fees via bank debit order, you are required to provide uAfrica with a debit order mandate signed by an authorised person. You are required to ensure that there are funds available in the designated bank account to cover the applicable Service charges at least 7 days prior to the start of the Service period.
- A valid payment method is required for accounts/stores to be able to process orders using a live payment gateway. Accounts/stores used for development purposes (unable to process orders using a live payment gateway) do not require a valid payment method.
- Services are billed at the start of the Service period in either monthly or yearly intervals depending on the term you select.
- In the event of non-payment of Service charges for any reason, uAfrica reserves the right to freeze/terminate your account immediately until any such outstanding charges are received by uAfrica.
- All fees listed on uAfrica (unless otherwise stated) are exclusive of all taxes now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”). Such amounts are in addition to payment for the Plan and will be billed using your chosen method of payment. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
- uAfrica does not provide refunds and reserves its right to charge you any incremental charges which may be due as a result of upgrading a plan or requesting any additional services.
- Methods for payment of fees may vary according to the country at which the Service is signed up from. These methods of payment may vary from time to time and uAfrica reserves the right to update any such methods for payment via uAfrica.
- You may email email@example.com for any assistance required with billing related issues.
SECTION 3: Cancellation & TerminationAll provisions relating to cancellation & termination in the Shopify Terms of Service shall be replaced and superseded by the following provisions:
- You may cancel your account at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you may receive one final invoice via email from Shopify for any apps, themes or other services. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again. uAfrica charges for the Service in advance so you will not be receiving any invoice from uAfrica after such cancellation.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, uAfrica may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with your store.
SECTION 4: Pricing Structure
uAfrica's discounted rates* are calculated based on the average standard rates a customer would be charged by a courier in comparison to the rates charged when shipping via the uAfrica platform through our integrated couriers**.
The discount percentages are based on the average rate schema for shipments and are not applicable on an individual 'per shipment' basis. The discount percentage applied will depend on the uAfrica subscription plan you are currently on as well as the variables used to calculate shipping rates which are a combination of the following: parcel weight, parcel dimensions as well as collection and delivery addresses applicable to each shipment. For this reason the pricing page indicates a discount of "up to" a certain percentage.
Due to varying pricing structures and 'special' pricing structures offered by the couriers that uAfrica integrates with, it is possible for an individual customer to have better rates with a courier on a direct contractual basis ('Custom Courier Account'). For this reason, uAfrica offers the option to add a custom courier account, which will then show shipping rates based on the rates linked to that custom courier account. When using a custom courier account, the uAfrica shipping discount will not apply and users will be responsible to make payment to the courier directly for all shipping charges.
The rates on uAfrica do not automatically include insurance cover. Insurance cover is only offered for Silver and Gold plan account holders and must be requested on a per shipment basis. The insurance premium will depend on the value of the parcel as indicated by the user.
* Discounted Rates: are subject to change without prior notice.
** Couriers: Meaning the courier companies that uAfrica integrates with and consist of CourierIT, The Courier Guy and Dawn Wing. The courier names herein are subject to change without notice.
SECTION 5: Courier services offered
uAfrica provides the platform that allows users to integrate with various courier companies, however the company have limited control over the quality of service offered by these couriers and cannot be held responsible for any losses or damages experienced when making use of their services.
uAfrica will strive to assist as much as possible to resolve queries and obtain quality service at all times.
Users are urged to contact the couriers directly in order to obtain additional information about their shipments when and if required.
When accepting uAfrica's terms and conditions users automatically accept the terms and conditions of the couriers** we integrate with. Users are responsible to contact uAfrica directly or the respective couriers in order to obtain these terms and conditions. When shipping a parcel with a specific courier the parcel will be liable to the terms and conditions of the specific courier used to ship the parcel.